- » Resources
- » Job Board
- » Archives and Special Collections Intern -Victoria University Library and Archives (Toronto,ON)
Archives and Special Collections Intern -Victoria University Library and Archives (Toronto,ON)
YCW Internship Opportunity
Location: Victoria University Library and Archives, 71 Queen's Park Crescent, Toronto, ON. M5S 1K7
Position: Archives and Special Collections Intern
Pay Rate: $21.00/hour
Hours and Duration: 7 hours/day; 5 days/week for 16 weeks
Term: October 31, 2016 - March 3, 2017 (excluding holidays from Dec. 21 - Jan. 1)
This position is made possible through the Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage program with support from the Canadian Council of Archives.
Under the primary supervision of the Records Manager/Archivist and some directions by the Head of Reader Services, the incumbent will participate in the appraisal, arrangement and description, and physical care of various institutional fonds and private records collections, including a large sound and moving image collection. They will also assist Victoria University Archives and Special Collections in contributing to the University of Toronto's Discover Archives shared portal as well as Archeion, Ontario's archival information network. The successful candidate will assist the Archivist in providing research and reference services.
• Obtained a graduate degree in Archival Studies/Science within the last 24 months of start date, and has a strong interest in an archival career at an academic setting
• High level of computer literacy, including knowledge of database design and productivity software
• Interest in Digital Records Preservation is also preferred.
• Knowledge of archival theory and descriptive standards and best practices. Completion of course(s) in Arrangement and Description is required.
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written; over the phone, email or in-person.
This is a Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage position which requires that the incumbent is registered with the Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage Program and meet the YCW
Internship criteria (https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm).
Deadline for applications is Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016
Submit applications to:
Roma Kail, Head Reader Services:
Victoria University Library & Archives in the University of Toronto
71 Queen's Park Crescent, Toronto, Ont. M5S 1K7
Fax: (416) 585-4476 / email@example.com