Archivist-South Peace Regional Archives (Grande Prairie, AB)
Archivist, Full-Time Continuing
South Peace Regional Archives is seeking an Archivist for a full-time,
continuing position beginning November 1, 2016. The Archivist oversees the
process of acquisition and the preservation of archival records. S/he
participates in developing educational programs and events to enhance
public awareness, and reports to the Executive Director.
South Peace Regional Archives is a community Archives, established in 2000
and funded by four municipalities. There are three staff members. It is
currently housed in the Grande Prairie Museum, with a new building planned
for in 2017-2018. The job description can be viewed on the website at
- A degree in Archival Studies, Library and Information Studies, History
or related discipline.
- A solid understanding of the principles and standards of archival
- Familiarity with primary historical research techniques.
- Awareness of Canadian and Alberta history.
- Strong organizational, communication, analytical and research skills.
- A strong aptitude for independent decision making and acting with
Salary Range $42,000-$55,000 (commensurate with education and experience)
Please forward a resume and cover letter no later than September 30, 2016 to
South Peace Regional Archives Executive Director at