Records Management Coordinator-City of Victoria (Victoria, BC)
Competition Number 17/18
Posted Date 2/14/2017
Job Type Regular Full Time
Department Legislative & Regulatory Services
Close Date 2/28/2017
Internal / External Posting
Closing date: February 28, 2017
Records Management Coordinator (Continuous)
Legislative and Regulatory Services Department
Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of a centralized corporate Records Management Program. Under the Deputy City Clerk help provide leadership in the development of recordkeeping standards, policies and procedures, ensure compliance and develop and implement a training program.
- Coordinate, implement and maintain a Records Management Program ensuring accuracy and quality of service delivery supported through regular evaluation. Provide administrative and technical support with surveying, inventorying, classifying and scheduling of departmental records. Collaborate with other staff in developing, implementing and maintaining a Records Management Program, ensuring records in all formats are managed operated and maintained in accordance with the Records Management Program professional standards and supporting long-term preservation when needed.
- Collaborate with other staff with the ongoing maintenance of record structure and various developments of the City's Electronic Document Management System (EDRMS).
- Provide general orientation, assistance and advice to City staff on corporate records management policies, compliance, best practices and requests for records. Work with other City staff in the development and delivery of a training program including the development and maintenance of a Records Management Program Manual.
- Compose a variety of letters, reports and memos.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
- Work is generated by records management objectives, departmental work plans, operational demands or is assigned by supervisor.
- Work is reviewed through discussions with supervisor and departmental meetings.
- Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (often)
- Lift and carry heavy materials. (occasional)
- Long periods of intense concentration while reviewing documentation. (often)
- Meet constant legislated timelines. (often)
- Focus on a variety of source data and computer for short periods. (often)
- Exposure to dust and mildew from archival materials and records. (rare)
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Understand and apply the principles, processes and regulations pertaining to records management.
- Advanced level operation of current City word processing, spreadsheet and related specialty software.
- Considerable knowledge of the function and requirements of local government.
- Interpret related policies, regulations and legislation.
- Exercise judgment and make recommendations consistent with law.
- Ability to compose correspondence, technical reports and documentation.
- Research and analyse needs and facilitate meetings and workshops.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Deal effectively with the public and outside agencies.
- Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
- Diploma in Records Management or related field. (2 years)
4 years of related experience, including electronic document and records management system software, including information privacy protection experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be requested to substitute in a more senior position.
Work schedule: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
$39.32 per hour, Pay Grade 14 (2016 rate) (Under Review)
This is a CUPE Local 50 Position
All applications must be submitted by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted above.