Two Positions-Archives New Zealand (Wellington, NZ)
Join us in Wellington, NZ!
Type: Permanent (Two Positions available)
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Archives New Zealand
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $65,124 - $88,109
· Preserve the digital memory of government
· Administer the government digital archive
· Build relationships in an evolving field
· Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Working with a small team your role will be critical in supporting the smooth transfer of digital information into the government digital archive and ensuring it is available for future generations. Specifically, you will:
- Manage business configuration settings for the digital preservation system
- Manage the preservation system content according to business needs
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders to further the effectiveness of the government digital archive
To succeed you must have
- Knowledge of digital preservation theory and best practice
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience in maintaining and administering a major digital assets repository
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas in simple language
There are two positions available. We welcome applications from people who are skilled and experienced in digital preservation, and those who have a basic knowledge in digital preservation and are looking for the opportunity to expand their skills.
If you want to join a team of smart, committed people who do some fairly spectacular work for New Zealand - then make sure you get in touch.
Applications close: 5PM, Friday 31 March 2017; NZ time
For more information please contact: Mike Chapman on firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or 027 570 2239