MemoryBC upgrade completed: summary of new features & improvements
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012
The upgrade of MemoryBC to ICA-AtoM 1.2 is complete. Some of the new features and improvements include
- Advanced search: you can search various fields by keywords or phrases and limit your searches using the Filter option to a specific repository.
- Reports and printing: you can print search results, physical storage location reports, file and item lists for descriptions with those levels of description, and a limited ability to print a finding aid view of a description.
- Rights implementation based on PREMIS
- Improved print styling for archival description and search results.
- Better handling of a large number of child-level descriptions in treeview.
- User interface improvements based on usability testing.
Behind the scenes, release 1.2 includes an accessions module (not used in MemoryBC), and for administrators only global search/replace, bulk import of EAD (XML) files and small data set CSV (e.g., Excel spreadsheet) imports of archival descriptions (RAD and ISAD) and ISDIAH archival institutions. Import of Authority records (ISAAR) and Accession data is planned for ICA-AtoM release 1.2.1.
While it is available, the digital object upload and display facility for MemoryBC is disabled pending resolution of policy and financial considerations by the AABC executive and membership.