News from the AABC Executive Committe
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012
Here is an update from the AABC Executive:
- New contracts were created and signed by AABC accountant, education, preservation and network service providers for June 1st, 2012.
- Education and Advisory Services and Preservation Programs: AABC will maintain long distance advice and equipment loans, no site visits, no new workshop development or planning
- MemoryBC and AABC website will be maintained.
2012 - 2013 workshop offerings:
Introduction to Archival Practice (distance education)
Managing Plans and Drawings (distance education)
Preservation (distance education)
- New budget created and approved by AABC executive. Please contact AABC Treasurer Suher Zaher-Mazawi if you would like to review this.
- Letter to Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Hon. James Moore. We have received a letter in response from Hon. James Moore and will be responding to him and Dr. Daniel Caron, Librarian and Archivist of Canada.
- We are developing a membership survey.
- We are reviewing terms of references for existing committees.
- We are researching other grant and fundraising opportunities. Any ideas please send to our Grants Committee Chair Jan Turner
- We are reaching out to organizations for support and partnerships.
How you can help AABC:
These AABC positions are currently vacant:
Chair and committee members: Public Awareness, Advocacy, and Legislation Committee (PAAL)
One committee member: Finance Committee
Editor and Committee: Newsletter (We would like a volunteer to review this position and committee and look at a blog or other communication channels on our new website.)
Committee members: Conference 2013
Please contact our Nominations and Election Committee Chair Jan Turner if you would like to volunteer for any of these committees.
Please send cheques payable to Archives Association of BC:
Archives Association of British Columbia
34A - 2755 Lougheed Highway
Port Coquitlam, B.C. V3B 5Y9
**Donations will go toward AABC's general fund and student awards.
President, Archives Association of BC